Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween - SCOOBY DOOBY DOOOOO!!!

Hey crafters! It's almost Halloween! AHHH!!

I am so swamped with Halloween costumes, but I did finish the one I was making for my brother. This year he wanted to be Scooby Doo, and being the loving sister I am, I told him that I would make him a Scooby Doo costume. To start this whole project I went out and bought a beige jacket, foam, felt, fuzzy fleece, thread, needles, and hot glue! So, without further ado, the pictures! There will be some commentary that goes with them, so please read it! It will tell you all about the process of making the costume.

This is the jacket that goes with the costume. I hand sewed all the black spots you see on the jacket and the ears I hand sewed, then hand sewed them to the hood. The spots are black fuzzy two sided fleece, and the ears are felt with fleece insides.



This the the tail that goes with the costume. It's made out of fleece, with an elastic band sewed on. The elastic band is to hold it on a belt. The tail is also stuffed with polyfill, and it has a wire inside so it's fully poseable!



These are the feet that go with the costume. They are completely hand made, and they are made out of foam, felt, and elastic. The elastic is to keep the feet attached to the shoes you wear. So, you don't have to always wear the same shoes unlike paws that are built off of shoes.



My brother loves it and he can't wait to wear it to school! (Psst...I'll tell ya I think we really need to find a costume contest with a cash prize *wink-wink*) Hope you guys enjoyed this post! I can't wait to make more costumes! It's my favorite thing to do. :)

May your day be crafty,
Taylor Spades ♠

1 comment: